Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Is your GPS activated

Today, we had our Singles for Christ household meeting. For a quick background on a household meeting, this is an activity where we praise & worship, reflect on bible readings, conduct an activity for reflection and sharing, and of course share the grace of food. Lately, we've been starting to revive our group so slowly we are dusting of the rust in our call of service. So for a change, I'd like to share our activity for reflection.


He'll Get You Back on Track
"Show me Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths" (Psalm 25:4)

Most cars today have a GPS (Global Positioning System) to guide you navigate towards the desired destination. You can program it to take you to a certain location. All along the way, the GPS will announce detailed instructions to you. "Turn left in a quarter of a mile. Take this freeway three miles. Exit in one mile." But sometimes we are able to follow all the directions voiced out by the GPS. We may miss a turn, stop to get gas or go another way. The GPS doesn't come on and start yelling at us and say ,"What in the world are you doing? I told you to turn left! You ruined my plan." No, the moment we get off course, the GPS system immediately starts recalculating another plan. Within a few seconds, it will give you new directions.

It is the same way with God. God knows very well the right direction for each one of us to take in order for us to reach the destination God has planned. God is there directing our path all time. When you have a heart to please Him, yo may miss an exit, you may make a wrong turn, but God has already recalculated another route. He's still going to get you to where you're supposed to be. He loves you with an everlasting love, and when you seek Him with your whole heart, no matter where you are in life, He'll get you back on track!

The important thing for us is to be aware that daily in our lives, we always have to use and turn on the GPS - God's Positioning System. We should not attempt to walk through life on any day without the GPS. Surely, we will miss many exits and make wrong turns.

And if ever we are using and turning on the GPS, what is also important to note is to always listen and follow the directions continuously being given out. This will surely please God and make us reach the exact destination as planned by God.

-o-

I'd like to share 3 points...

1. God's plan
This might not be the first time you've heard someone saying "It's part of God's plan!" Indeed, God is the play maker and the director of the stage called life. He works in magnificent ways that is far beyond our human understanding. Believe and have faith on God's purpose. 

I admit that I have been so stubborn on His plans for me. Hehehe. I have my own plans. I tend to insist them to be the direction I'd like to take. I tend to cover my ears on His message, cover my eyes on His revelations, and ignore His signals. Oh well, human as I am. But I won't make my humanity as an excuse and I won't give out alibis to defend my wrong actions. I just have struggles and shortcomings. But despite this, I trust that God will still guide me all the way. That he will back me up in case my oh-so-called plan won't work.

It was God's plan to send me in this Singles for Christ community, I'm sure it wasn't mine. Through the SFC I was able to iron out my childhood pains, strengthen the bond with my family, receive opportunities to serve and become an instrument to others, and just accomplish the simple joys of fulfillment. 

2. God's time
God is playful most of the time. He answers prayers before we ask for it or answers it on time or doesn't answer it exactly with what we asked for.

After college, I wanted to take a year off from all the hustle-bustle of work and studies. I wanted to stop for a year. But God didn't want me to stop, He just allowed me to rest. I received a call for a job offer before I marched my college graduation. I didn't applied for the job at all. But I took the shot anyway and to the present time I am still keeping that same job. God wanted me to learn the lesson of hardwork and sacrifice. He knew that I am a good worker and a good servant. So I was directed to a path even before I maneuvered the wheel, God gave me a blessing before I asked for it.

God has always been faithful. I don't recall having a very bad 
experience. That is because He made sure that I find comfort and lesson in every trial. God is always in time. I believe that He let me do all the work if He knew that I can, and if I don't then He will be there to save me.

Not all of our prayers get answered. I take this as God's way of telling us that its not the direction for us to take. That there's a better way to get to the finish line.

3. God's will
If there's one thing I am sure with in my life, it's D. This could be unbelievable but I did saw my life unfold the first time I saw him. I saw myself growing old with him. That is why I am firm to pray for him. I am not ashamed with the things I did. I am not ashamed with my long wait. Waiting is my life's core lesson - God wanted me to wait.
The 14 years of wait sounds too long but it's not for me. It's worth it. The pains and sacrifices are not burdens, those are frosting. Even if everyone tells me to give up, I didn't. I waited and prayed for D and God answered my prayer! That is why I stand by what I prayed for. D is my destination in life - he is my North. 
I know it won't be that easy. God will test me. I find it funny because every time I tend to give up, He pokes D. It's not every day that you find a person that you can put up with no matter what, a person you can't afford to hate, a person that you find so easy to love - as easy as breathing, and a person you can't give up on. For now, it is enough for me to know that D loves me...he does.




Kidding aside, the GPS I used to know was Gilbeys Premium Strength. Hahaha. Surely that was a wrong turn.



0 comments:

 
;