Wednesday, March 14, 2012

my name is kay and im not an alcoholic

"Never drink to feel better, only drink to feel even better"
I have said these lines countless times  - "I will never drink again!", "This is the last time I drink!", and "I will commit to a clean living lifestyle!".

What a bad liar! None of those were true - for a while yes but I find myself giving in to the temptation of an ice-cold-beer ^_^ Oh no! I am currently imagining myself diving in a pool of sparkling beer...swimming through its distinctive sweet taste as it leaves a very soothing sensation in my throat. Enough!!! Tsk!!! I am not an alcoholic...am I? Is this the first sign of addiction - denial stage?!? Whoa! But hey I've been sober for almost a month now.

Let's take a trip down to memory lane - on how I started drinking.

-o-

During my high school years I have mandated myself not to drink, not to smoke, and not to do drugs. Fulfilling those could have been very easy but I took the route of which most of my friends took. It was in the year 2004 when I first took a sip of beer - I didn't liked it all. It tasted bitter. So I thought my curiosity ends there. But after high school graduation, my friends and I experienced the infamous Gin-Po, a mixture of Gin and Pomelo juice. Heck! It knocked out my senses and gave me bad hangovers and excessive vomiting. From then on, the number of consumed alcohol bottles kept adding up.

Later on I explored the forbidden vice of drinking - I started drinking a lot. Beer, Gin, Rum, Tequila, Wine, Scotch, and some mix 'n match of juices and hard drinks - were my new set of friends. I find happiness when I drink and I don't know why. It brings out happy hormones! There's a point where I drink beer and rum almost everyday - coming to work sober. There were also bad times specially when I could hardly breath - I think its an allergic reaction to a certain gin, rashes all over my body, dehydrated for excessive vomiting, and hyper acidity. But it didn't pulled me away from alcohol at all - living life dangerously eh?!

I have a very long list of embarrassing moments when I got drunk and I could remember almost everything, sadly. o_O

1. Vomited on public places.
2. Almost tripping a table in a barbeque house.
3. Hanged my half-conscious self by the window of a taxi while vomiting
4. Waking up the next day with an empty wallet - zero cash! Realizing that I paid for everything the other night.
5. Climbed up on the stage where a band is performing and being dragged down by a local police officer.
6. Stood on top of a chair in the center of a partying crowd - splashing water (crap!).
7. Took off my shirt (I was wearing a sleeveless shirt beneath so no scandalous act).
8. Went back to the office...
   a. Greeted the guard in a Japanese manner - bowed plenty times
   b. Talked to the plants
   c. Acted like a boss on everyone by walking around with my hands on the waist while saying, "What's keeping you busy?!"
   d. Locked myself in the restroom with 2 other girls laughing out loud.
   e. Pointed a finger and gave a high-five to our visiting American boss.
9. Danced in front of a crowd.
10. Believe it or not but I sang.
11. Threw ice on someone (Ooopsy! Sorry)
12. Cried (sh*t)
13. Minor motorcycle accident
14. Ransacked an embargoed house
15. And a lot more...

There were things I wish I didn't say or do when I was under the influence of alcohol but then I have learned to laugh it all off. Somehow I know my limit, the moment I notice that I am drunk I make my famous escape - I run home. As in I really run. Ha-ha-ha. If there's a runaway bride then I could be the runaway drunk version.

I treasure all the funny/comic memories and how I made a complete fool of myself. On October 31, 2006 - my first salary, I treated my friends in a party wherein we joined a beer-drinking contest. Luckily I won!!! That was one of my most cherished achievement ^_^

Now, I get to drink occasionally - yesterday, today, and tomorrow! Ha-ha-ha just kidding. My drinking buddies are hardly around since they have a family of their own or a very busy career. So, I'm just patiently waiting for occasions ^_^


 Which is which?


Tolerable Alcohol content
 Charice I challenge you!

Rockin' rollin!!!





0 comments:

 
;