Tuesday, August 21, 2012

am i the same girl...yes i am

It was a long weekend for me. Mom and Pop went on a vacation to Manila to spend the weekend + holidays with their grandson.

I didn't made plans. I decided to stay at home so I bought DVDs in case I would self-destruct due to boredom. Anyway, my brother Clinton was with me.

We did our chores - laundry, bathing the dogs, cleaning the house, cooking, and etc. We watched Battleship again. Then in the evening of Sunday, I decided to watch the Season 1 of New Girl. I was able to watch episodes before in a local channel but due to my on and off commitments, I skipped a lot of episodes and eventually forgot about its airtime. So I had the chance to start over with this series. Given that I love Zooey Deschanel - she's so bubbly, goofy and quirky. Hahaha. She's so talented as well, see below a video of her performing "Wouldn't it be nice".



Clinton watched the series with me. I bet that he would be bored in the long run because its a girly-type of show. But then it was past 1AM and we were both laughing so loud that it our voices seem to echo in our neighborhood. So he liked it. And I'm glad my brother would share a seat next to me with a show that I like. It is seldom that you can drag a guy or a brother to watch a girly-type of show.

When we were done with the 24 episodes, I said to my brother with a sigh "Oh how I miss my guy friends".


I grew up surrounded with boys - 5 uncles and grandpop. In high school I was close to the boys in our class. When I served for 6 years in the local government community I mostly get along and worked with the boys as well. Most of my closest friends were boys. So I say that I am "one of the boys".

In my younger years, I could say I really had a great time...hands down and 2 thumbs up! Most of those great times were spent with my guy friends - Gerald, Kiam2x, Jojo, Dhodong, Arniff, JK, Yayo, Dheo, Lester, Kevin, Jerphine, Aljohns, and more. Oh how I miss them! I miss them a lot - a lot like holla!!!

It has always been a "must-try" for me to live independently in the city. Rent a place by myself or rent a place with my friends. We even dream-talk before that it would be nice if we would live in the same village, with a house right next to each other. But then, things does not really fall into place like what we planned sometimes. My boys found the love of their life, got married and raised their kid/s. I hardly see them now. And this is the part that sucks - I am still not over with my singlehood. So at times that I want to go out, my boys can't be there in just a snap like before. They need to surpass their wife's "gates of fury" with a valid and acceptable excuse. For us to get together, I must exert a super-duper-ultra-mega-extra effort like (1) notify their partner personally, (2) clear their schedule for baby sitting, (3) invite their partner and kid/s along, (4) make the outing free for them so their budget for milk, medicine, and regular household expenses will not be put in jeopardy - and this means twice or thrice the budget for me, and (5) prepare everything.

In those seldom times I get to see and spend time with my guy friends - I had a taste of what we used to have before. The taste of happiness, worry-free life, and our youth. It's obvious as it is - I love them as much as I miss them everyday. But like what I have heard from a movie, love is letting the other person be happy even if it meant you're not being part of it. One thing is for sure, I will be in the same place whenever they remember me or need me.


I'd like to share this movie about a girl's life lived with boys - father, husband, and son.


One day can change your life. One day can ruin your life. All life is is three or four big days that change everything.



0 comments:

 
;