Monday, November 17, 2008

fished off

Last Friday, the PAG-ASA issued a statement to cancel all the boat trips to Samal because of the Storm "Tonyo" that is said to hit Davao in Signal #1. I received messages in the morning but I ignored it. Later on, I received calls from my parents so eventually I am told to go home and catch the last trip.

It was all in the wrong timing because the project that I am testing is scheduled for a release and there were several critical issues that needs to be fixed ASAP. I can't risk my task and I can't risk my safety either. I went home.

In the pier, people were cramming. Everyone wants to get a seat on the bus.

While I'm waiting for the next trip, i was feeling the gush of the wind. There's no sign of a storm at all. The skies are clear. The sea is calm. Well, nature could be unpredictable at times so I trusted the weather forecast. When I got home, my thoughts are still stuck in my PC monitor...testing! The message of my boss in YM kept rewinding in my head. GAWD!!!

In the evening, I stared on the skies. Stars were all scattered and Mr. Moon is shining. Is this some sort of mockery?! Then I received the news that it was all a false alarm. The boat trips resumed in the evening. Heck! I should have stayed at the office! Anyway, I am thankful that there's no storm....but then again I should have stayed in the office.

0 comments:

 
;